Monday, June 24, 2019

Fresh Salsa

Recently, I made a batch of fresh salsa that is exceptionally tasty. So tasty that I need to document the ingredients in word and photo:. This is mostly a note to self, but something I invite you to tryg

8-10 medium to large-ish fresh tomatoes, chopped
1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped (more or less depending on your love of cilantro)
Juice of 1  large lime (more, if the limes are small)
1 small sweet onion, diced (about 1/2 cup) *I like to use green onion but did not have any for this batch.
2 large cloves of garlic
1 medium tomatillo
1 medium to small jalapeño (seeds removed
1 Tablespoon of salt (play with this, + or - depending on taste)
2 tsp sugar (could leave out but I notice an improvement in the flavor balance with this addition)

For the garlic, tomatillo, and jalapeño, I place them in a small coffee grinder to purée them (you can use a food processor, magic bullet, etc) After those 3 items are puréed, I took half of the diced onion and puréed it so there were not as many chunks of onion in the Salsa.

Stir this all together and serve with fresh tortilla corn chips from a market such as el Bodegon in the WPB area. Buy their freshly made flour tortillas while you are there!










No comments: