Monday, April 16, 2007

Nauvoo, IL Bed & Breakfast- Ellis Sanders' House


This is my #1 Bed & Breakfast recommendation! The Ellis Sanders House is located in Nauvoo, IL. It is an original pioneer home. The setting is peaceful, the furnishings and decor are exquisite. Pictures do not capture the elegance and beauty of this home and it's surroundings. The hosts, David and Diane Owens, provide a gourmet breakfast, evening dessert in the parlor by candlelight, and one of the most beautiful and comfortable atmospheres I have experienced. Diane is an Interior Designer by profession and has covered every design detail to create the perfect compliment for this original Nauvoo historical home.
My husband and I stayed in the Lincoln Room the week of our 25th anniversary the summer of 2005. We enjoyed the sites and history of Nauvoo along with the annual outdoor Pageant Production.
Each year, we take turns planning an anniversary trip and surprising each other. The Nauvoo and Missouri trip was my plan. I took Ron back to all the places I grew up in Independence, Missouri, as well as St. Louis, MO, going up in the Arch and riding a paddle boat down the Mississippi. We spent a week at various USA and LDS Church Historical Sites, all of which were fascinating.
Staying at the Ellis Sanders' House was, however, one of the true highlights.
The pressure is on BIG TIME- this year, 2007, is my turn to plan again. I am doing my homework.
P.S. Guests at the Ellis Sanders' Home must be over 18-- it is a "leave the kids at home" trip!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I'll be excited to see what you come up with this year!!

love.boxes said...

Looks lovely.