Friday, August 10, 2007

Forty Eight Exciting Years

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad....
August 10, 1959 Wedding in The Salt Lake LDS Temple
Reception in American Fork, Utah
Little did they know as they celebrated this first day of marriage what roads and how many roads they would travel.
Four Children and Fifteen Grandchildren Later....
They have lived in Utah, Idaho, Missouri, New Jersey, Georgia, Montana, and Florida
I can only attempt to count how many residences they have lived in, I believe they are living in their 17th home or apartment and ready to move to the 18th with their latest call to serve as Orlando Temple President and Matron.
Dad's career with JCPenney took us all across the United States. While in New Jersey, he worked in Manhattan, NYC, and my mom worked for Dun & Bradstreet.
Their Church service has been extensive, both wonderful examples of dedication and sacrifice.
This was the celebration of their 25th Anniversary while they were living in New Jersey (the 2nd house in New Jersey) We hosted an Open House in their honor. August 1984-Berkeley Heights New Jersey
Twenty Five Years of Marriage
Jenni, Mark, Brent, Shauna (me), Mom, and Dad
(If you examine the above photo closely, I find it interesting that the men are all looking one direction and the women are looking another... I am not sure who was behind each camera or what we were all focusing on-My friend, Melba would notice this)
As I said, what roads they have travelled. Always an adventure, always with a positive attitude. Always willing to try something new. This was summer of 2005 in New Jersey ready to 4-wheel.
I love you, Mom and Dad!
Happy Anniversary!

No comments: