Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy Birthday To My Brother

Busy Birthday Season...
Happy Birthday, Mark
Yesterday was my husband, Ron....today is my brother, Mark
Soon will be my sister, Jenni.
This photo was taken at Forno's of Spain Restaurant in
Newark, New Jersey
July 2003
Brent, Jenni, Dad, Mom, Me, and Mark (The Birthday Boy)
These are my parents with their 4 children.This was a few weeks after they returned from my dad serving as Mission President in The Montana Billings Mission
*******
Below are classic examples of every picture tells a story... Show this to most family members and they can tell the story...even if they did not witness it in person.
This is my brother, Brent, surveying the Suburban in a ditch dilema
Story:
  • June/July 2003, we took a road trip from Florida to New Jersey (We means Ron, me, Andrew, Katherine, Megan, and my parents-one way) Jeffrey flew in to meet us and Curt was in Venezuela serving as a Missionary
  • On the way, we stopped in Atlanta to meet my parents as they returned from their Missionary Service.
  • We then continued on the way, with stops in Washington DC and various other East Coast sites.
  • As we approached my brother's house in New Jersey, we were thinking of ways to "announce" our arrival. Keep in mind, we had Andrew with us.
  • We have a family history of announcing our arrival with honking horns, firecrackers, etc.
  • We decided to drive on a dirt road down behind my brother's house and hide while Andrew ran up to the house and lit off a roll of firecrackers (purchased at South of The Border on the way north)
  • The surprise was on us..... Ron drove our Suburban in to a ditch-BAM!
  • Our arrival was announced by us having to go ask for help in getting out of the ditch.
  • Below is the photo of Mark down in the ditch that he pulled our car out of.
  • Ron will never quite live this arrival down. The same morning, he got stopped for a traffic violation in Washington DC. It was a good day to get Ron off the road.
Happy Birthday, Mark!

1 comment:

Cathi said...

Happy Birthday, Mark!!

Wow, I'm quite surprised Ron didn't break an axle with that little dip.