Sunday, January 13, 2008

NPR=My Motto
Introducing Erika, The Queen Of Bargains
And Another Clue To My Surprise
In my vocabulary...NPR does not stand for National Public Radio..it stands for NEVER PAY RETAIL. With a motto like that, this is one of my very favorite times of year. The retailers are giving everything away before their fiscal years end...before inventory time...before they have to pay taxes on what is in stock. If your area is anything like mine, the stores are FULL of clearance racks with rock bottom prices and extra percentages off. This coming weekend will be even better. Watch for extra percents off at Macys, Dillards, JCPenney, GAP, Old Navy, and the likes. You name the store, there are deep discounts on the racks and shelves through the end of January.

If you live in my area, and are brave enough to venture to the Palm Beach Mall, brace yourself for Clearance Heaven. The gigantic Dillards has clearance that looks as though no one has touched it. Nothing is picked over, even the Christmas merchandise at 90% off still has a great selection. The Macy's and JCPenney there are the same. The Mall is going to close in the next few months for renovations and it seems that the customers have already stopped shopping there (truth is, they stopped a long time ago, hence the necessary renovation). I still go there. The best Dillards and JCPenney are there and worth the trip and risking my safety (I watch my back and don't carry a purse)

This is the time of year I purchase winter clothing for my children. Having 1-2 weeks per year when long sleeves and pants are necessary, I do not like to pay high dollar for these items. It would seriously pay for someone to fly here and do their winter clothes shopping. The stores are bulging with beautiful coats, sweaters, boots, jackets, etc. Items I only wear when I travel or on those once per year cold spell days.

Also remember places like Michaels where there are craft items you can use year round for projects. And all that Christmas RED....you can use it for Valentines and never pay retail. I got a package of 50 Red envelopes for 22 cents at Target. My Young Women at Church will use these for Valentines Day Surprises!

Oh the Toy Clearance at Target..... 75%off and counting. I got Birthday gifts for most of the year. Nice gifts and I did not spend over $5 for any one of them. My girls are invited to parties all year long and it can add up if my NPR skills are not on their A game!

This is also a great time of year to find household items such as linens, dishes, accessories. Items I have watched for many months are now the prices I am willing to pay.

When Bargain shopping, it is best to have a plan... what clothing your family needs, what gifts you give during the year, what your house needs, who you know is having a baby, etc. I love finding a bargain when it is something on my list of things to stock up on.

If you love bargain shopping and saving money, my friend, Erika, aka The Queen of Bargains, started a blog just for Bargain alerts. Visit her regularly to see what a whiz she is with coupons, promotionals, etc. She is simply amazing. A girl after my own heart.

Happy Bargain Hunting and Happy Saving.

Share What your favorite NPR Item is recently!

Now here is another clue to my surprise..... If these bargains were available in April, the end of the first phase of my surprise... I would be ecstatic!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I swear I'm going to stop reading this blog until April. I CAN'T STAND THE SUSPENSE! I'm not good with surprises. I find myself wondering about your surprise at least several times a day. I need to get a life.