Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Katherine

Katherine is Eleven Years Old Today!!!!
Happy Birthday!
Katherine joined our family 11 years ago today and life has never been the same.
Katherine is the same age Andrew was when she was born.
I had 3 boys who were growing and could be put on "auto-pilot" and then BAM.... a baby arrives and I did not know what hit me. I am so happy she joined our family. I cannot imagine life without her, or any one of the children, for that matter.
Andrew was 11, Jeffrey was 14, and Curt was 15 when they welcomed their new little sister.
Scenes From Katherine's First Birthday Party.
Nancy and Emily assisted with the gift opening.
Remember when you were little enough to sit on top of the table and everyone encouraged it!
Katherine loved this Tigger the Tiger Rider. To this very day, Uncle Brent calls her the Tiger Rider.
Katherine and Megan were both born on the 13th, making the number 13 very lucky for our family.
On a side note:
Speaking of not knowing what hit me when I had a new baby after 11 years of no babies, I remember the first night in the hospital when Katherine was 24 hours old. The reality of caring for a newborn was hitting me, I was tired, and we were alone for the night. She decided that she would be wide awake and ready to get to know me. I, on the other hand, was ready for a good night's sleep....wrong.... she won.... I picked her up and spent the next hour or so walking the floors with her. I was exhausted and just needed to lie down and sleep. After walking the floors rocking her, singing to her, and talking to her all about life and how much I loved her, I was totally worn out. I got her to sleep and then I said out loud, "What the H*%# did I just get myself into?"
Eleven years later, I am so happy I got myself into raising Katherine, my first of two daughters.
Happy Birthday Kat Kat!
I love you!

5 comments:

love.boxes said...

Happy Birthday Kat Kat! You are sooo cute!!

superherotrainer said...

Happy Birthday Katherine. We were all so excited when you had a little girl. She makes the fourth person I know who has this birthday. Popular day!

Gardener said...

11 years!!!! Where did time go? Happy Birthday Katherine.

P.S. I think every mother says that on the first night home from the hospital. :)

Sweet Family said...

What would life be like without our Kat-Kat. She holds a special place in my heart. Along with Jay, III. We love you Katherine.

Emilyah said...

Happy Birthday Katherine!! Wow, I cannot believe she is already 11! I remember seeing her in the hospital after she was born.

As for the "What the H*%# did I just get myself into?" I'm guessing that I'll have that experience with future children, won't I?! ;)