Monday, June 2, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Gift

Teacher Appreciation Gift
School is out for us at the end of the week.
Each school year, I help my children give a personal gift, card, picture,
or some sort of Thank You to their teachers.
Last week, I had a brainstorm and I must say.... the finished product is amazing!
And the COST......Drum Roll.....
5 Gifts for under $7!!!!! Details below....
For each teacher, I gave my girls a piece of notebook paper
with the teacher's name written vertically down the left side.
They wrote an acrostic poem using adjectives beginning with the letters of the teacher's name.
Once they corrected the spelling and had the adjectives they wanted to use,
I printed the poem up exactly as written
(for example, notice in the right hand corner...Megan wrote, "P.S. I used the dictionary)
Once framed....the girls signed the back with Sharpie Markers
and Megan decorated hers with her signature art doodles
that one of her teachers is particularly fond of.
Now For The Cost and Details....
*Black Frames: $1 at the Dollar Tree Store (Make sure you get Document size 8 1/2 x 11)
Paper: 1 Pack of 25 sheets for 99cents at Wal Mart. Today, I noticed similar paper at the
Dollar Tree Store.
* These Document Sized Frames for $1 at The Dollar Tree Store were nicer than any Document frames I found at Michaels, Target, or Wal Mart. I was impressed with them. They come in Black, Natural and Brown.
With a little creativity and thought, Teacher Appreciation Gift Giving can be personal and not break the bank. We have 5 Teachers we want to do something nice for and the cost adds up immediately.
The girls had fun thinking of descriptions for each teacher and this truly comes from their hearts.
This is a fitting gift to thank teachers for, as Katherine wrote, The Best School Year We Have Ever Had!!!!
This idea will work for so many special occasions, don't limit it to Teacher Appreciation. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Children's Room Decorations, Young Women Gifts, Grandparents, Christmas, Fathers or Mothers Day, the list is endless!
This is a special gift for a special person!

2 comments:

v johnson said...

very cute!
I want to see the art doodles...

Jill said...

I'm so glad you mentioned this awesome project when you commented on my blog today. I think this is a great idea!