Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Birthday Girl

It's My Birthday!!!!!
(And Anniversary, too. See next post)
Forty Eight Wonderful Years....
Help me out today....
At one point, I was on a creative thinking roll, I was going
to list 48 things about myself, my likes, thoughts,
accomplishments,dreams, fears, etc, but
it just sounded a little boring coming from me.
This is why I need help today... I need you, my readers,
to help me compile the list of 48 things about ME!
It can be memories of me, funny thoughts, etc.
Anything, just help me make the list.....
Hopefully it will be more exciting than the one I was
compiling....
Indulge me with a few nice words as I turn one
year older.
And yes, of course if you can think of more than one
thing... add more than one...even two. Just go with it!
The photo below is my reaction to Ron surprising me with
my favorite cake on the planet....
Think Mounds Candy Bar....Now think Mounds CAKE.
A Mounds Cake from Toojays Deli here in Palm Beach!
Oh My....Layers of Fresh Coconut, Chocolate Cake,
and Chocolate Mousse, coated with Dark Chocolate...
Yes, Just like a Mounds Candy Bar, but completely fresh
and a hundred times better!!!! And to think, as a child, I
did not LIKE coconut at all. I was happy to give away my
MOUNDS and/or ALMOND JOY Candy Bars from my
Trick or Treat Bag.
Should I have been concerned when my children put
these candles on my cake?????
They got switched FAST!
Or should I have been delighted when my friend,
Rhonda, made this "SWEET 16" Cake with a Pink VW Bug
on it..she knows that was one of my Teenage Dream
Cars.... Thanks Rhonda!!!!
When I was blowing out the candles, Megan had to check
again to make sure my constant cough (of the last 4 months)
was not contagious! Ha! It isn't, but I did not blow on the cakes,
I promise!!!!
Trust Me.... I made a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE, HUGE
WISH.....
And it will come true... I just know it!!!
Have you ever made a wish when you blew out your candles
and it DID come true? What was it??? Can you tell NOW???
What is your favorite cake on the planet?
Can you believe I got married ON my 20th BIRTHDAY???
I am wondering if, when I was born in American Fork, Utah,
48 years ago, anyone could have imagined I would end up
in Florida, of all places.
Alright, I will stop with the questions...go ahead and leave your
Comments!

8 comments:

Jen Thomas said...

Accomplishment-A GREAT blog- which is fun to read, and full of great ideas! You are so talented!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

love.boxes said...

You are the most organized person ever. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

You are a very giving/serving person...always making sure everyone else is taken care of.

I remember when you and Ron got married!!! Oh happy day!

Happy Birthday! and Happy Anniversary

3girlsmom said...

happy bday girl! hope it's a good one! and happy anniversary! congrats to the both of you. for my part of the list: you are a celebration queen!

John and Katie said...

Trustworthy, Loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent!

Plus

Intelligent, talented, tolerant (of me), patient, mischievous, fun.

and best of all...........

A DEAR FRIEND!

Cathi said...

You are the one who knows all!!
Anything and everything I needed to know while living in Wellington (and here too) I learned from you. Best beach, best plave to eat, best place to shop, how to get here or there, who to go to to learn how to bootleg my generator into the house through the breaker box!!
I miss you Shauna. If I had it to do again I would have been like another child tagging along with the girls and going everywhere with you. I missed so much because of my "comfort zone"!!
I love you!!

Anonymous said...

my computer is dying a slow death, so I couldn't comment yesterday...H.B to you! I can think of 48 words here goes: resourceful, positive, good shopper, party planner extraordinaire, planner of all planners, does not like maple syrup, sweet tooth, determined, afraid of the dark, organized, beautiful, knows how to do make-up, artistic, generous, giver, teacher, good cook, has great ideas, good mother, driven, supportive, smart, has a sense of humor, young. Give or take a few words...could go on and on... my favorite sister in the whole world.

superherotrainer said...

Happy Birthday, a day late!