Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday, Dad!
I love you! I am thankful to be your daughter!
I should have warned all the Missionaries in The Montana Billings
Mission not to mess with their President..... I am sure they learned
in time that he loved them with every inch of his heart.
This picture speaks thousands of words. It is one I am
certainly happy I did not crop out the background. Here is
my dad, sleeping in Grandma Hoglund's chair at her
house in American Fork. This is where I picture her with
the curtains, the chair, the crocheted afghan,
and the front door exactly like that.
I could listen to Grandma talk for hours and hours from that
chair. It was also the place to sit and listen to my Aunts and
Uncles tell stories that would make every one laugh so hard they
would cry.
Dad, I hope you get a great nap today....or, as you would
tell us as children...I hope you get to go to "never-never-land"
for a few hours today.
August 1983, New Jersey
Dad displaying his Birthday Gifts

Fall 1981
After a Saturday Morning Race. Dad entered hundreds
(maybe thousands) of Races over the years.
Even though he is no longer competing each week,
he is still a winner! He can run circles around me in
any given day with the energy level he and my mother maintain.
Just hearing their schedules makes me tired!
My dad exposed me to the finer things in life; such as Parker's
Drive In located in his Hometown, American Fork, Utah.
When visiting Utah, I have been known to drive from Salt Lake
just to get my "Parker's Fix"
Happy Birthday, Dad!
May this day be full of peace and joy!

Click HERE or HERE to see other Birthday Wish Photos.

2 comments:

John and Katie said...

Happy Birthday President Boyd! Gee, maybe I should pick-up the phone and call him right now......it's 4:45 am.

Eric said...

AF is my wife's hometown also and she introduced me to Parker's a few years ago. That place is the gift that keeps on giving.