Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Olympics Opening Ceremony

Celebrate The Olympics Opening
Ceremony!
08-08-08....
I had so many plans for this exciting day.
Appropriately, I am planning a Chinese Centered
Olympics Opening Ceremony Party!
Lanterns, Fireworks, Pandas, Fortune Cookies, Chinese
Food, Dragons, Tanagrams, Chinese Symbols, etc.
With two days to go, I am focusing on what will be
most enjoyable and memorable.
(and easy!)
I decided to focus on Lanterns, Chinese Food,
and Fortune Cookies.
Time is not on my side to place an order for the
Paper Lanterns as seen at
Design Mom and at Oh Happy Day, sister of Design Mom
Read all about the recent Kirtsy Party and these amazing decorations.....
Click HERE for the link to a great
Paper Lantern Source recommended by Jordan at Oh Happy Day.
I will use the Paper Lanterns I have from a few other occasions,
however, this will provide a great afternoon activity with my kids.
Remember making these in Elementary School?
Click HERE for directions.
Click HERE to see directions for these simple, yet adorable
Paper Lanterns.
If you end up purchasing or making lanterns....I recommend
using RED.....The Chinese color for Good Luck!
Aside from the fact that I am partial to RED!!!!
When our Paper Lanterns are completed, I will post photos.
I am thinking we will use Red paper and decorate with splashes
of Gold.
If you want ideas for celebrating The Olympic Opening Ceremonies,
just surf GOOGLE!!!! I did searches under Olympic Crafts and Activities,
Chinese New Year Activities, Crafts, and Decorations, Paper Lanterns,
Olympic Party Decorations, etc.

Are you planning to watch The Olympics Opening Ceremonies?
If so, do you have plans to celebrate?
I would love to hear your ideas.
What is your favorite Summer Olympics Competition?
Are you as excited as I am to have the 2008 Summer Olympics almost here?

The only drawback is... during the Olympics, I get very little accomplished.
I tend to watch TV every night and follow the Competitions closely!
Does this happen to you?

3 comments:

Emilyah said...

I have been waiting and counting down for this Friday for the last 4 years. Naturally, my favorite event is Gymnastics, but I'm certain that would surprise nobody who knows me! :)

I've been trying to get everything done and we haven't been watching TV (aside from COPS- yep, we're WT) all summer so our TV can have a major break before it's on 24/7. Nik is setting up the computer downstairs for me so I can have Olympic coverage all day. I'm completely obsessed, it's quite disgusting.

And, we're feeding the Elders Friday so I think I'll be making some lanterns to celebrate, great ideas Shauna!!!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

FABULOUS ideas! I'm totally linking to this!

3girlsmom said...

hey shauna! did you know you have been featured on "tip junkie"'s blog? check it out. there is a link on my blog under my online favs. good for you!!!