Monday, June 1, 2009

Just For Showing Up At Church

Yesterday, This Is What I Got.....
From my dear friend, John K, who was concerned that I may move to Michigan where my son's Ward gave Chocolate Covered Strawberries to all the Moms on Mothers Day. It is their tradition for the men to get together on the day before Mother's Day and dip strawberries for the Women to receive at Church the next day. Hey Wards all over...Chocolate Covered Strawberries VS a potted plant I have to go home and put in the ground, hopefully, before it dies. It just makes sense.
Now, as for moving...John, on this, the FIRST DAY OF HURRICANE SEASON, not a chance am I moving...away from friends like YOU, or the opportunity to Shutter Up My House and be without electricity for days on end after a Powerful Storm blows through. Living in Paradise is wonderful, especially with FRIENDS LIKE YOU...FRIENDS THAT ARE FAMILY! Thanks for the treat, John, and Thank you for being a wonderful friend. (This, by the way, was the SECOND attempt for him to deliver this treat to Church...finally I attended my HOME Ward..what a friend--truly)
Do You Love Chocolate Covered Strawberries?
Would you LOVE to receive them at Church for Mother's Day?
Are you ready for Hurricane Season?
(Note, I did not ask...are you looking FORWARD to Hurricane Season)
Do you realize that MOST of the Hurricanes never hit Florida?

4 comments:

Casey Gentle said...

My ward does a brunch during the 2nd hour. The men take over all our classes and they send us into the gym for a lovely brunch. This year they put together a slideshow of all our pictures with lovely music. It was nice. But chocolate covered strawberries are always welcome!!

John and Katie said...

That was a simple gesture to someone who is always in service to others!

Cathi said...

I love chocolate covered strawberries!!
What are you talking about...NEVER hit Florida???
What about when we lived there???
Remember the alphabet was used up and they were naming the hurricanes with the greek alphabet.
Hooray 2005!!!!
That's what I remember. LOL!!

evelania said...

yum yum yum! Yes, I love chocolate covered strawberries--yay for you!