Friday, June 5, 2009

Orange

Orange....
Twenty Nine years of marriage to an avid Florida Gator, and I have never made friends with the color ORANGE. Each fall, I would wear my one orange T-Shirt to the football games and the balance of the year, it hung in my closet. I just did not feel like Orange was one of MY colors. This year...my relationship with the color ORANGE changed. The logo colors for Time Out For Women were Brown, Green, and Orange. The stage decor was ORANGE. All of the sudden, I saw ORANGE in a whole new light. It was not just for Football Games and showing school spirit. Orange was in every store...beautiful shades of ORANGE. The week after Time Out For Women, an Orange Sweater found its way to my closet and I LOVE IT....so much that I wore it for a photo op with my new PTA Executive Board.
Welcome to my closet, Orange, Welcome to my daily life, Orange. The new options for my Florida Gator Game wardrobe are exciting. My usual Black, White, Khaki, Red and Pink have a new friend.
And the women with me in this photo...WELCOME to my life!!!!! They are AWESOME! We had the first of many PTA Pow Wows last night at my house. I am so excited to work with such dedicated people.
Do you have a favorite color?
Do you have a color you do not wear?

1 comment:

Cathi said...

Congratulations on your new PTA "calling"!
You my darling Shauna are on the opposite side of the color wheel as me. My favorite color is pink and fortunately for me it's one of my colors. Orange and brown...I cannot wear.
Orange is definitely your color and you look great in it!! It's also the favorite color of The Princess. I've tried to influence her with pink (LOL!) but it's not working.