Saturday, April 24, 2010

Some Things I KNOW

Gleaning Day In A Belle Glade Corn Field
I know that the thousands of pounds of corn I (along with 100+ others) helped pick for C.R.O.S Ministries and The Daily Bread Food Bank helps families and individuals who are not able to have food in their homes on a regular basis.
I know, I know, I know it helps provide a basic necessity of life....FOOD.
However...
I know, I know, I know that gleaning corn helps ME.
At the end of the day, I may not drive away with one kernel of corn for myself, but I leave feeling a great love for those I am serving (people I will surely never meet) and a greater love for our Savior, Jesus Christ.
I know, I know, I know today, more than ever, that is important to talk with every person I come in contact with (i.e. the Young Man who was bagging my groceries last night) GUESS WHO SHOWED UP AT 7:30am TODAY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GLEANING PROJECT???? Yep....Cesar....the Grocery Bagger from last night.
Guess who had a fabulous experience today?????
Guess who is coming to Church tomorrow?????
Interestingly enough....Guess who was challenged to give away a Book Of Mormon this week???? Yours truly. And GUESS who will receive it tomorrow??? Yep....Cesar, the grocery bagger from last night!.
For more gleaning pics click here

No comments: