Sunday, April 3, 2011

Taking Notes-A New Tradition is Born

(see previous post for the Conference Care Kit that included new journals for Katherine and Megan)
Taking and Sharing Notes
During the past 2 days of General Conference, Ron, Katherine, Megan, and I all took notes. I am an avid note-taker and could write an entire post about the benefits of note-taking and note-reviewing from Church Meetings, Conferences, Scripture Study, etc.  I knew this would be a great way to keep the girls tuned-in, however, I did not realize it would be the beginning of a new family tradition.
Tonight, after dinner, we all gathered with our journals and went around the room sharing our thoughts and feelings about the Conference Messages. Our conversations were based on the notes we took. We even back-tracked and discussed our notes and feelings from the Young Women General Conference Broadcast last weekend.
There was a beautiful spirit as we discussed the messages and how to apply them in our own lives. I was delighted to hear how much the girls actually "got" and could share in depth. General Conference was more meaningful to them this weekend than at any other time.
This tradition is a keeper.
Are you a note-taker?
What was your favorite General Conference Message?

Yes, I will post some of my favorites this week
(just have to refer to my NOTES)

1 comment:

Kari said...

I love your conference ideas. Valerie shared with me a fun one for little ones. Fill buckets up with treats and a special conference word like temple or prophet on each bucket. Each time the kids here that word they get to take a treat out of that bucket.