Thursday, April 21, 2011

True Story

This comes from the chapter of my life..."I can't make this stuff up".

I have a daughter-in-law named ALISON who lives in Gainesville (about 4 hours north of us)

On Tuesday, I sent a text to my son, Jeff and one to his wife, ALISON (or so I thought) asking if they were coming for Easter and telling them I have Gas Gift Cards for them to use for the trip.

Yesterday, I received the following text message reply from a friend, Lisa ALISON:
Shauna thank you for the offer, how sweet of you to think of me. We are not coming down for Easter as we were just there getting the house ready as we are selling it as a short sell. Thanks for the offer, Happy Easter.

Oh my... Lisa ALISON is a mom who just moved away from this area with her children after going through some rough times. I don't know her well enough to make this sort of offer, but I think I am relieved she does not have plans to head this way for Easter.

Told you I couldn't make this stuff up!

Lesson learned, I MUST wear my glasses when texting.
What would you do if this happened to you and she DID take you up on the offer?
I would give her a gas gift card.

No comments: