Saturday, May 28, 2011

Changing Of The Guards

My Two-Year Term as PTA President officially ends on June 2. Monday night, we installed a new PTA Executive Board. The search for Board Members, Interview, and Nomination Process was extremely stressful. So much so that I cannot write about it here. There were too many curves, bumps and turns just when the road was smooth. In the end the bumps and curves were gone, but the ride had me tied up in knots for a week.
I  know that God answers prayers. I turned the process over to Him.
Two years ago, when the Lord told me I should accept the position of PTA President, He let me know that He would help me. He has been in charge the entire two years.
It has been two years of growth and learning. Two years I would not trade. Two years I am feeling bittersweet to have in my rear-view mirror. Two years that have fine-tuned many areas of my life. Two years of working with some of the finest people I will ever meet.
It has been TWO INCREDIBLE YEARS.
Flowers from The Principal and Assistant Principal.

And just like that...it is over (sort of)
This week...training...cleaning out closets...and the 
Transfer of Information Meeting!
I'm preparing my notebook for the new Sheriff in Town!

No comments: