Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Dessert Squares

Made this for some friends this week...every last crumb was inhaled.
I love Pumpkin in any form-except traditional Pumpkin Pie-I know it doesn't make sense. I got this recipe from Thalia Peterson, who was one of my counselors when I served as RS President (the first time) many moons ago. She passed away a few years ago. I am always thankful for the many things I learned from her.

Pumpkin Pie Dessert Squares
Before starting- Take a Dry Yellow Cake Mix and reserve 1 Cup for the Topping

Crust:
Remaining Dry Yellow Cake Mix
1/2 Cup Butter, softened (not margarine)
1 egg
Mix well and press into a 9x13 greased Baking Dish

Filling:
1 1/2 Cups Canned Pumpkin
1 C Sugar
1/2 Tsp Salt
2/3 C Milk
1/2 tsp Ground Allspice
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
2 Eggs
Mix well and pour over crust

Topping:
1 C Reserved Dry Yellow Cake Mix
1/4 Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 C Butter (not margarine)
Mix into a crumbly mixture and sprinkle on top of the filling.

Bake for 45-50 Minutes at 350 degrees.
Let cool slightly before serving.
Top with Whipped Cream or Ice Cream when serving.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Casey Gentle said...

this is one of my FAVES!!!