Sunday, February 3, 2013

Riley

On Christmas eve, our dog, Riley died. He was hit by a car and did not make it. I am thankful that he did not have to suffer in pain and he went quickly. Life was a little crazy at Christmas with a full house and a lot going on. It wasn't until everyone left and I started coming home to an empty house thatI really realized he was gone. I miss that d*%# dog. He had a good life and was such a great protector of us and our home.
 Above is a photo of AJ and Riley. I pick AJ up at school every day on my way to pick up Megan. Riley loved the school pick up routine over the past few years. All I had to do was say, "school" or "let' pick up the girls" and he was so excited he could not be calmed. He would run in circles and go full speed to the car when I opened the door. He LOVED car rides. It was hard to get a good photo of him because he was always on the go.
Below is a photo of him as my navigator. He was king of the passenger seat.
I think we are done with having animals and family pets. It is too painful to have them die. We have had 2 dogs die (3 if you count Bagel), a guinea pig, and 2 hamsters all die. No fun.
Dog heaven is a better place with Riley there.
We have the image of him playing with the children who died in the Sandy Hook school shootings. Those kids got a great dog for Christmas. I am sure he was happy to play with them and they were happy to have him join them in heaven.

No comments: