Monday, October 7, 2013

All In A Day's Work (Sort of)

I got home from a quick trip to Utah last weekend (not a quick return flying stand-by, but the price was right and I got to see my sweet grand babies, so I am not complaining one bit) and realized that the next lesson I would teach introduced the liahona to Lehi's family. I had expected to be home earlier in the week to prepare but all of the sudden, this important lesson was staring me in the face.
I was looking for a picture on the internet that I could print out and use as a visual aid, but, as with most of my lessons, a picture for something this prominent in The Book of Mormon wouldn't do.
I still needed to un-pack and get settled from being gone,but Megan needed some supplies for a school project which led led me to an afternoon adventure.
I was walking through Michael's Arts & Craft store when I spotted an intricately carved metal pumpkin.
This Seminary teacher's brain did not see a pumpkin. I saw a potential liahona! (I can't help myself!)
I bought the pumpkin and by late afternoon, I had turned it in to a liahona, and it was ready to be found outside our "tent" aka classroom door, the next morning.

Click HERE for details and more photos.
The "Before"
 During
 During
 During
 During
 After

No comments: