Friday, August 12, 2016

Chicken With Green Sauce

My daughter in law, Carmen, shared this yummy recipe with me!
It was a huge hit at this trying-to-be-soy-free house! Thankfully, I made a large recipe
Chicken With Green Sauce
Saute slowly over medium-low heat in olive oil until they start to turn clear:
1 large onion-diced ( I used 2 medium onions)
3-4 cloves crushed garlic
In blender, mix:
4-5 Tomatillos
2 Green peppers
2 Jalepenos (no seeds)
Cilantro to taste
2 (more or less) Cups Chicken broth ( I think I ended up using about 3 cups)

Add the onion and garlic to the blender mix.
Then add:
2 Tsp Cumin ( I did not add the cumin because I forgot and it was delicious without)
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large skillet,
Cook diced chicken ( I used about 6 chicken breasts)

Add the sauce from the blender to the cooked chicken and simmer until the sauce goes from bright green to a darker green

Serve with tortillas and shredded cheese.
( I may try to serve these burrito bowl style with rice-either plain or lime cilantro rice)

Cook the tortillas on a griddle
Melt shredded cheese on the tortilla
Add the green chicken sauce.

Delish.
I asked my family to share recipes that do not contain soy.
Ron was diagnosed with a peanut and soy allergy so I am looking for new recipes and ideas for changing some of our family favorites. Soy is seriously in the most unsuspected places.
Basically, any foods that are commercially prepared have soy.
We are focusing on what he CAN eat rather than all of the CANNOTS.
Enjoy!

No comments: