Thursday, March 26, 2020

Quarancleaning

Yes, a blog post! 
I have discovered something so fabulous, it is worth the time to step out of "blog semi-retirement" and share. 
From the response to my recent Facebook post, I am certain this warrants a blog post...

Today's "Quarancleaning" project brought to you by 
By far, the most effective and easy way to clean grout.

See photos below for descriptions and cleaning method.
 Before and after
 AFTER! My tile grout is sparking clean!
I am giddy with excitement every time I look at it!
For best results, use the Mr Clean Magic Eraser extra durable not the Magic Erasers made for kitchen or bath.  Save your money and a lot of frustration by not using off-brands, they absolutely do not work on tough dirt. 
Each Magic Eraser comes in the shape of a rectangle. I cut each one in half, making a square. This made them easier to work with and get more cleaning out of each sponge.
Get the Magic Erasers damp, but not too wet, before using.

Before cleaning the grout with the Magic Eraser, I lightly sprayed with water. After cleaning with the Magic Eraser, I sprayed again with this cleaner and wiped away any residue. 
Very little scrubbing is involved and most of the time, it is not necessary to go over the grout multiple times.

Dear Magic Eraser,
I love you!
Thank you for making this sheltering-in-place, self-isolation, quarantine, Corona virus, Covid-19 season much easier as I tackle these much needed cleaning projects!

No comments: