Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Candy Grams

This is one of the Candy Gram Cards we made for Teacher Appreciation week. I have made hundreds of these and no two are alike.
I just stand in the candy aisle and as I stare at all the candies, I think of phrases and sentences to use with each candy. This is not the best example or my best effort, yet you get the idea.
This one says:
Dear Ms Werner,
Being your student was MOUNDS of SNICKERS. You have helped me to be a SMARTIE that will help me to get high SKORs NOW AND LATER. Sometimes I am slow as a TURTLE or act like an AIRHEAD, yet you are always an EXTRA SWEETHEART to me. My wish for you is that on PAYDAY, you will be able to go on a shopping SPREE to 5TH AVENUE or even to the MILKY WAY!! I hope that summer is not too much of a FAST BREAK. I hope you get to TAKE 5 minutes peace for yourself. Put your feet up, relax, and say M&M this summer. You have worked hard this year. Love, Katherine
Name the candy and I have most likely used it in some phrase or another over the years for every occasion. Birthdays, Congratulations, Welcome Home, Going Away, Thank You, New Baby, I love you, etc. There are some great ideas from Cindy at Skip To My Lou on my links. Read under her Teacher Appreciation Section. I have used most of the ideas she suggests in one form or another. Her list is great.
Enjoy! Let your imagination go!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I wanted to do this for Teacher Appreciation week, but in my typical fashion, did not get around to it. One day I'll get my act together...really it's all Christian's fault!!

love.boxes said...

We used to love making these!

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

sooo cute!! I hope you have a fabulous day!!! hugs!! Britt :-)

jess.uresti said...

hi im jess. im trying to answer someone back for prom. he asked me by making a candy gram and i thought it would be cute if i answered back with one. can you please help me cause im clueless:(