Friday, April 8, 2011

The Lord Took Over This Week

Last week during LDS General Conference,
Elder Russel M Nelson said,
"Why do we need faith? 
Because difficult days are ahead"
Little did I know that my difficult days would come in the next 24 hours.
The spirit and counsel of General Conference carried me through
one of the most difficult experiences I have had in many years.
This activity enabled me to have the General Conference messages become a part of me when I would need to reach deep down for strength and the appropriate words to use when many eyes and ears were focused on my every word and move.
Yes it has been a week I don't want to repeat and I am not naive to the fact that many more difficult days will come, yet with faith, they will be manageable.
Elder Nelson also said, "How you deal with trials is part of how you develop faith."
I feel stronger after a week that could have totally chewed me up and spit me out. I know that when the Lord is in charge, he will carry us through (not always take away) whatever comes our way.
I asked the Lord to help me through this one
and he TOOK OVER!

No comments: