Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Favorite Easter Memory


Easter 1983... Curt wearing his Easter suit made by...me... yes... me...the non-seamstress.
This was the project I worked on the week before Jeffrey was born. Thank goodess I completed this little red and white striped outfit as there was no way to know that Jeffrey would arrive very early and my sewing days would be seriously limited. Life as I knew it would be forever changed.
Through the years, each of my three sons wore this outfit for Easter.
Sometimes it seems like last week I was at my little house in Greenacres, FL, sewing away while my 20 month old son was peacefully napping. During that nap, I am sure there was a phone cord stretched to wherever I was in the house, as I was also the 22 year old Relief Society President. That was my first go in that calling. I always say I was so young and new, I did not even know what to be overwhelmed about, I just dived in and hoped everyone was cared for!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Curt was 21 months old in this photo.

Anonymous said...

Dang I'm cute....