Monday, April 23, 2007

Garage Sale-Behind Us

Saturday's Garage Sale was a huge success. Hundreds and hundreds of dollars in my pocket and lots of stuff (aka junk) out the door.
I love it-- people pay me to haul my stuff away, saving me the trip to Goodwill.
I still say I do not like the entire Garage Sale production, yet this one did not leave me with such a firm Never, Never Again resolve. Although, it will take awhile for me to even consider the idea.
My neighbor, Michelle, and I advertised a Two Family Garage Sale from 7-11am. At 6:30AM, the customers were parked out in our road waiting. I refused to allow anyone at my sale until the advertised time arrived. It is only fair to those who honor the 7AM start time, not to mention, I needed every minute of set-up time.We had a steady flow of customers the entire time.
It took until closing time for my first shoplifter and con artist customer. Really... shoplifting a $2 pair of shoes.... I say it has nothing to to with little money, yet everything to do with little integrity.
Considering the fact that I am not a saver or "stuff" accumulator, it will be some time before I generate the volume needed for a successful sale. For now, on a regular basis, I will do my usual box things up and deliver them to a local Charity, Wellington Cares, or to Goodwill. When time heals my memories of the Garage Sale Production, I will start a pile and have another successful Garage Sale. (Did I really just put that in print?)
My girls were so excited to run a children's table selling small and low priced items along with freshly baked brownies. Their marketing techniques were difficult to ignore. They made around $30 on items that were all around 25-50cents. Not bad for a morning's work. Of course, now they have money for new Webkins! Now, we have to find a place on this planet that Webkins are available!

1 comment:

love.boxes said...

Sounds like a good weekend!