Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lego-Mania-No Batteries Required

Calling Lego-Maniacs..
Summer Toy Recommendation... No Batteries Required! Unplug your children and introduce them to Lego Building. This will sharpen their Math skills without them realizing they are doing schoolwork over the summer.,
Legos are quite possibly the number one toy, in my opinion. I still have 24 year old Jeffrey's extensive Lego collection, all categorized and sorted by color, shape, and theme stored here at my house. This is more than I can say about any other toys or electronic games we have had over the years. There are so many great things to say about Legos. They are an attraction for many ages, interests, and skill levels. Even when my boys were in High School, they could be caught building with Legos on occasion. As an adult, I have found it relaxing to sit and create, build, and plan a Lego design. Visit Designmom today and register to win LEGO cuff links... yes... see photos of all sorts of cool jewelry made with Legos, the classic toy.

Why my sister may have a love/hate relationship with Legos....
PS- This is not for those with a weak tummy.... When Katherine was born, my boys were 11, 14, &16-Legos were still a big part of life. Their perspective of keeping Legos picked up changed once Katherine started crawling and putting everything she found directly in her mouth. After repeated requests to keep the Legos picked up, Katherine provided me with an object lesson. While changing a messy diaper, low and behold, a bright blue Lego piece was in the "mix". I called Jeffrey and Andrew to SHOW them why keeping the Legos picked up and out of a crawling baby's reach was so important. Luckily, she swallowed a very small (one section) piece and did not try a larger piece that could have choked or injured her!

4 comments:

love.boxes said...

Love Legos! and, I really want those cuff links, C would think they were a fun Father's Day gift. :)

Jenni said...

I have a love-hate relationship with Legos. Love that my kids play with them for hours on end, hate that they can be found in EVERY blasted nook and cranny in my house! Do give us your expert advice on storing them out of the way, please!!!

Shauna said...

Understand the love/hate thing completely! Have you ever found one in a diaper that traveled through a body as I did with Miss K? That was when I called all the boys in to examine the diaper. They were more careful about leaving the Lego pieces on the floor after that! I will post a photo of Jeffrey's Lego organization system.

Eric said...

I grew up playing with Legos, I had thousands of them stored in a special Lego container which my mom recently sent to me. Of course they last 20 years at home and barely last a day with my kids around. I find them everywhere. They like playing with them, but I like to also. They think I'm a Lego expert- it took a lot of hours to get that good.