Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Labor Day

Happy Labor Day! Change Is In The Air....

Wow- September is here. This weekend marks the official end of summer-unless you live in South Florida, like I do. September is one of the hottest summer months of the year. For me, grilling, as well as most out door activities, is year round. The most noticeable changes for me are, back to school, and the days getting shorter, noted by less daylight along with a decrease in the tropical humidity.
Soon it will be time to plant my flowers for the winter. Even after Twenty-Seven years, the growning seasons still seem odd to me. When most are harvesting in the fall, I am planting....When most are planting in the spring, my harvest is over.
Whatever climate you live in, I hope your summer was all you dreamed of and you are ready for the changes that arrive with fall.

When I return to blogging this week, it will be difficult to know where to start.
This has been a wonderful, packed full weekend.

A few Highlights (photos and details to follow over the next week):
  • The Baptism of my daughter, Megan, on Friday Night
  • Curt and Carmen's arrival from Utah (my son and his wife
  • Jeff and Alison's arrival from Gainesville (my son and his fiance)
  • The arrival of my parents from Orlando
  • Jet Skiing on Friday
  • Boating on Saturday
  • Attending Church together on Sunday
  • Being with so many wonderful friends and family at the Baptism.
  • Canoeing on Monday
  • Games, Grilling, Food, Laughter, and so much fun.
  • Opening Day of College, oh I mean, Gator Football (and a win)

These are times to cherish. Having my children with me is a treasure. The older they get, the more I realize how blessed I am and how much I miss them being far away.


1 comment:

John and Katie said...

It may not have come out right, on Sunday, but I am soooo happy to see the men that your boys have become. My eyes begin to leak.