Wednesday, August 29, 2007

All At Once

My Day Was Crazy... Ron's Day Was Insane...
The pattern of our life seems to be pack it all in at one time and go full throttle, even when we try to pace ourselves. Here is a sample of my day:
  • Wake Up at 6:15am(today that was a chore)
  • Prod Girls along and head out the door
  • Ride Bike to School with Girls (this was a welcome form of exercise today!)
  • Drive my car down to theDealer for another burp. Now that it is 500 miles over warranty, this is the 3rd trip in for service....grrrr... Rent a Car that has 1/8 of a tank of gas in it.....grrrr
  • Fill up The Car
  • Stop by the bank to get cash for the Tree Workers
  • Rush home to find 8-10 Tree Service workers trimming the trees in my entire yard
  • Hop in the shower (close all the blinds so they cannot see me from the tree tops)
  • Head downtown for my day in court
  • Spend 30 minutes finding a parking garage that will let me pay with my $20 bill or a credit card-all my change is in my own car at the shop or in my other purse (I changed to a "professional go to court looking purse this morning....)
  • Turn my phone off (so all heck can break loose at my house) Prior to entering the Court Room.
  • The Tree Cutting Truck drove onto the Golf Course behind our house (we had permission-yet not everyone knew)
  • The Sheriff Shows up with the Homeowners Condo Commando Neighbor and his camera to shut down the tree trimming operation and complain that sprinkler heads are broken on the Golf Course (later checking would reveal 1 broken head-most likely where they did not ever drive or walk......mmmm)
  • During all of this, Ron is in work meetings and cannot answer his phone. Three huge bids were due today after his late night at the Church last night.
  • Court is adjourned (hooooooray!) and I head home. The place is quiet- other than trimmed trees, I cannot tell anyone has been here. I missed the excitment.
  • The tree service has to return tomorrow or Saturday (while I am home) to complete the task. Also, they have to return with a permit from the Village of Wellington to remove the two large trees in the back, something they knew they were supposed to do and, in their words, "hoped they would be in and out before anyone noticed they were there" grrrrrrrr.
  • The girls headed home on their bikes and in the process met a new friend, instead of promptly calling me to let me know about their stop, they waited and scared me to pieces. The first time I let them ride solo and oh my.....
  • After talking with the mom and realizing that we already know each other, the new friend comes over for a study play day (how can I say no to studying) and I am just catching my breath.
  • Somehow I prepared a semi-nice dinner.
  • No word on the car....mmmmm I have to keep the rental car over night.
  • I can hardly wait until tomorrow when the Tile Man arrives with the Lennar Representative to see my carefully marked loose, cracked, and lifting ceramic tile. That battle is still at the bottom of the hill and climbing slowly.
  • Oh... and the thing I wanted to focus on today.... is the most exciting... Curt and Carmen get on a red-eye flight in Salt Lake tonight and head here. They will be here by morning! Hooray! I almost makes me forget about the day of rushing!

1 comment:

superherotrainer said...

Whew, and I thought my life was crazy right now :) Have fun with your family.