Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Parkers Drive In and Snow In The Mountains

American Fork, Utah
Parkers Drive In 5th East and State Street.... MY FAVORITE
For Fresh Burgers, Fry Sauce, Fresh Lime Drinks, Real Cherry Coke, Onion Rings, Brown Toppers, and Banana Shakes... and so much more... This is THE SPOT!
Parkers Drive In, originally called Parkers Artctic Circle Drive In, has been around longer than I have. I used to live behind it and then across the street from it. During my summer visits to American Fork, my Grandma Hogie would treat me to something at Parkers almost every day. As an adult, I have been known to hop in the car on a Summer evening and drive from Salt Lake to American Fork for a Parkers Banana Milk Shake or some Fries with their special sauce. I don't know much about the history of this place, other than it has been there for 50+ years and I love it. I asked my Uncle Bill to send me the history of this place and he is working on it. If any one else knows anything about Parkers or has some fun memories... do share. This is one of those Home Town favorite spots that should be featured on Food Network.
Not only are wonderful memories attached to this spot.... they have great food. It will be a sad day when this favorite succombs to "progress" They are located on some of the most prime real estate in American Fork.
This photo was taken around 6pm looking SE from Parkers in the direction of my Grandma Hogie's old house. What a gorgeous view. This snow was not on the Mountains when I arrived on Tuesday, but the Friday and Saturday freezing cold rainy, sleety weather brought this beautiful blanket of snow to the Mountains.
Mount Timpanogas received it's first snow blanket of many more layers to come. It is beautiful when you can just be inside warm and watching it. I do not enjoy being outside in the cold one bit! This photos was taken from the parking lot at Parkers directly east. The KFC is to the left and 5th east is to the right.

3 comments:

Cathi said...

We’ve never been to Parkers but will definitely try it next time we're in the area. Reading this makes me hungry for a big juicy hamburger right now.

Anonymous said...

My sister used to live in Salem and she sent me a link to your blog as a reminder to try Parkers when I drive through on my way from Salt Lake City to Moab this week. Hope we get a chance to stop. I have fond memories of American Fork when we used to visit her 25-30 years ago. Mt. T with snow in the distance. Brings it back. Thanks for the enthusiastic recommendation.

--Brenda

Anonymous said...

My sister used to live in Salem and she sent me a link to your blog as a reminder to try Parkers when I drive through on my way from Salt Lake City to Moab this week. Hope we get a chance to stop. I have fond memories of American Fork when we used to visit her 25-30 years ago. Mt. T with snow in the distance. Brings it back. Thanks for the enthusiastic recommendation.

--Brenda