Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Twenty Seven Years Later.....

The Salt Lake LDS Temple
Ron and Shauna....Then.....And....Now
Twenty Seven Years Ago, I Stood on these stairs with Ron, my husband of just a few minutes. We were married in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. Then...I loved him with all my heart..I had no idea how that love would continue to grow...
Here we are 27 years later (I know, we look so thin and young). I am still in love with this incredible man. The love grows and grows each day. I could not have seen some of the roads we would travel, yet I am so thankful we have traveled them together.
Below...Then...here we are after climbing in to the little cubby at the top of the stairs outside the Salt Lake LDS Temple. This is one of those famous poses for a bride and groom who marry in this temple. It is not easy make the steep step up in to this area. After watching brides in full dresses with trains and high heels take the giant step up for this photo, I must say, I hold my breath. As of yet, I have not seen one trip or fall.
Now.... It was easier is pants and these shoes to take the giant step up to this area, however, I am definitely not the agile 20 year old I was that day.
Yes, I will say it for you.... We look so good...so young and thin without a care in the world...not!
Twenty Seven Years FULL of joy and wonderful memories.

3 comments:

Cathi said...

When you think you can't possibly love your husband more than you already do...you wake up the next day and that love has grown deeper and stronger. Yes?

Shauna said...

YES!!!!

Eric said...

So that's what my wife thinks about me when she wakes up (hopefully). I can guarantee that this isn't always what she's thinking before she goes to sleep. ;) You have a great blog Shauna, I really like the pictures of you and Ron 27 yrs later at the temple- and I was a bit skeptical about the dinner in a pumpkin but after reading what you wrote I'm considering giving it a try.