Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dog Tired....

Tired... Yes... Worn Out...
I saw the clock at 1, 2, 3, and 4 am.... I caught up on some of my DVR shows in the middle of the night while I tried to assure Riley that his crate was a happy place and that he was fine and needed sleep.... Oh my.... I should have blogged the rest of the Utah Trip, but I wanted him to see that everyone is sleeping and so should he be....
The first two days I was in Salt Lake turned out to be very helpful for this season I am in.... The new puppy stage. I stayed with Kenny and his 7 month old puppy, Bella The Beagle. He taught me so much about puppy training and teaching manners to a dog. Each evening and morning, I watched their consistent training schedule. He uses the techniques recommended in the book Cesar's Way. Cesar is known as the "Dog Whisperer" and is a wealth of information when it comes to the psychology of dogs and their behaviors.
Bella is amazingly obedient and trusting. Here, they are working on "LOOK" teaching eye contact.
I have a long way to go, but his was a great up close lesson for me and the timing was perfect.

1 comment:

Cathi said...

Riley is adorable! Kenny's doing something right; Bella looks to be listening to him intently.