Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Day

Halloween 2007
Tropical Storm Noel did not stop the the fun. It was touch and go and then go, go , go....
Trick or Treating was so much fun this year. My neighborhood was packed full of children and parents. At some points, it was like a scene from a movie, with people crowding the streets, yards decorated, music playing, and lots of celebrating. I love nights like this when I see people who I don't get to see very often. So much for a "gated" community on a night like this. People were extra generous with the candy as the storm gave a late start to the door-to-door Trick or Treating. I am certain no one wanted to be stuck with a huge bowl of candy.
In case you are wondering what I dressed as.... the usual... a tired mom! No photos necessary!
OH----- The Funniest Trick or Treat my girls received.....SOUTH BEACH DIET BARS!
Jaime (our neighbor and like a daughter/ sister) Megan, Katherine
and Riley the Bumble Bee (can you believe his mom dresses him like that!)
This was before Jaime decided to change costumes... She looked cute here and when she transformed in to a witch.
Appreciate this photo....
I have gained a new respect for those who photograph any animal who is semi-holding still.
Our new puppy, Riley aka The Bumble Bee, was a moving target...
Megan (a pirate for the 2nd year---Thank you for wanting to wear the same costume 2 years in a row!) Katherine the 50's Soda Shop Girl and Riley The Bumble Dog
Arrrggghhhh....Megan The Pirate Girl
Katherine the 50's Soda Shop Girl...
Both girls are excited when any costume they choose involves make-up! Hooray...we can wear make-up..can we put it on ourselves? They did and they had so much fun!

3 comments:

love.boxes said...

So cute!

Cathi said...

The girl’s look absolutely darling! I love their costumes! Can Riley fly?? I’m going to steal the PINK photo of Katherine for Aloha Friday. Tell me to remove her if it’s not okay!?!? Hey Megan…It’s always a good thing when a costume is worn more than once! I’m so glad Noel didn’t rain on your Halloween. I was missing Florida all the more yesterday when you mentioned the amazing winds. (I loved the thunder storms) NY and I finally figured it out…we didn’t have any Trick or Treater's in Florida because we were always in CA for Halloween. Only in Bink’s would someone give out the cheap and inexpensive South Beach Bars!!
I absolutely love your Autumn door wreaths! Did you make them??

Shauna said...

Go ahead and use the photo. She will be so excited. My wreaths are from Target... years ago. They look great every year.
We are still getting wind, but now it is bringing a cold front! Hooray!