Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy Birthday Jenni

My Little Sister Jenni...
November 2, 1971
I was 11 years old when I finally got a sister....She was worth the wait!
I can still remember watching my mom walk to the car on her way to the hospital to give birth.
The entire time my mom was pregnant, I just knew I would get a sister... How exciting when my dad called to tell us that Jennifer (that is what we were to call her...I think it lasted a few days..somehow Jenni fit) had arrived. I remember how my brothers and I were so excited to shout out the news all over the neighborhood. I was so happy I did not have to wait until November 12, her actual due date.
Maybe if we use our best manners, we can beg her out of her extended blog hiatus
She has always been a fashion plate....
Here she is setting a polyester trend in Rexburg,ID. I think the cold was getting to her. At least the polyester was pink!
This was Jenni's 5th Birthday..November 2, 1976
Independence, Missouri
Fall 1985-Berkeley Height, New Jersey
This was one of several hair experiements. This involved a perm.
March 1972 Jenni's first Easter, Independence, Missouri
I am holding her with Brent close by.
Prom 1990 Atlanta
Ever the Fashion Plate....
January 1974 2 1/2 years old. Independence, Missouri
1977 6 years old...New Jersey
4th Grade... October 1981-New Jersey
Spring 1988 Atlanta
Christmas 1988-Royal Palm Beach, Florida
Ricks College-Spring 1992 Mother's Week
Missionary Preparation Fall 1992
With the nieces and nephews.
Ashley, Jenni, Andrew, Jeffrey, Joel, Curt
November 1992- Packing before serving a mission in Poland.
November 1992--Missionary Preparation Time....Really!
On her way to a Debutante Ball
Summer 1986- New Jersey
Curt, Jenni, Jeffrey
Andrew- 4 weeks old.
Jenni was a lifesaver during this trip... I was exhausted after being up night after night with a newborn. The week we were at their house in New Jersey, Jenni stayed up the late nights with Andrew. I was able to get my strength back and return to Florida with my 3 little boys.
Atlanta 1990
On The Phone in Mom and Dad's room..remember when phones had cords and you had to sit in one place to talk??? If you don't remember that....well...

Happy Birthday, Jenni. You can let your breath out now.... See....no Duran Duran photos....

I love you!

4 comments:

Cathi said...

Happy Birthday Jenni! (I love your Blog and all the wonderful recipes) My sisters were 11 and 13 years old when I was born. I hope they were as excited and delighted as Shauna!!

love.boxes said...

Happy Birthday Jenni! We love you!

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

What a fantastic post Jenni you are gorgeous at every age and stage. I'm so glad I know you. Happy Birthday to you!

Mumsy said...

Happy Birthday to the FABULOUS Jenni!!! I love you, Jenni!