How did I decorate my box.... this was a plain, unfinished wood box.
- Separate the box and the lid.
- Work on a large piece of Waxed Paper
- Coat bottom and lid with Regular Elmers Glue (You can used Mod Podge)
- Press on small torn pieces (around 2" squares-give or take) of fall print napkins (if they are 2-ply, separate the layers and use the top layer)
- Make sure all of the box is covered. Around the edges, make sure to press the pieces of napkin inside the rims.
- When the box is covered, add another layer of glue.
- Let dry and it will be clear and shiny.
- Spray with a coat of clear sealer (Optional)
I give Blessing Boxes as gifts every year with a short note explaining how we use our box as a family and how it has given meaning to our Thanksgiving Celebration.
Whether you are alone, an empty-nester, or living with a family, I invite you to embrace this Blessing Box tradition as part of your Season of Thanksgiving.
The world around me becomes more beautiful, enjoyable, and positive as I note my blessings daily! Yours will, also.