Tuesday, January 15, 2008

More

"Never Let The Fear Of Striking Out
Keep You From Playing The Game"
This quote sums up how I am approaching the 90 Day challenge and this coming year.
My fears hold me back from so much good waiting for me.
The past 2 years, I have entered this 90 day challenge, however, I quickly left the race and gave in to my fears. This year is different.
The first year, I let an emotional roadblock paralyze me and I stopped dead in my tracks.
The second year, I was sidelined by an injury. Instead of figuring out what I COULD still DO, I concentrated on what I COULD NOT do.
Every day, I have to put my fears aside and not be afraid to succeed in so many areas. I know that changing my body will happen when I change my mind and my attitude. It is a process and I am in the forward motion of that process.
I have wonderful support to make the changes necessary to succeed. Megan has taken on the role of my "Trainer". Watch out, you will see her on a reality show coaching and encouraging people. On Sunday, as I took the bread for Sacrament, she asked me if that was something I am allowed to eat.
It is for myself and my family that I need to make this change. Not just to be healthy and live longer (yes, guys, I will be around longer) but to be able to be and give my best. It is selfish of me to not take care of myself.
This is the year I need to be unselfish and put my fears of success aside.
This Saturday, I will RUN the Race For The Cure. This is a big deal for me, a non-runner.
This was the first challenge I gave myself for 2008 and I am meeting it head on.
My girls entered the kids division.
Now to answer the clues to my surprise:
1) How will this affect my family? I think I answered that above. If I take better care of me.... they have a better me to be around! Nuff said.
2) What does my hair have to do with this? I have to look great in my "after" photos for the newspaper and TV. Also, I just had to look in the mirror and realize it was time to get back on my "A" hair game. I was not having a bad hair day.... I had a bad hair year and a half!
3) Why do I wish the sales in the store now were in April..... I will NEED new clothes and more than one or two items! I NPR (never pay retail) so this would be Shopping Heaven for me. It will still be shopping heaven for me when I can actually try something on and feel good in it!
The prize money from the contest will help out with more than a few pieces of new clothing!
Thanks For Your Words Of Encouragment.
Keep them spread out over the next 2 1/2 months!

4 comments:

Cathi said...

Go Shauna! Go Shauna!!
Every eason you just gave is exactly how I feel about me. Hmmm.
Yeah, me too.
I'll come and go shopping with you.

Jenni said...

We're rooting for you in Rhode Island!

love.boxes said...

I know you can achieve everything you want to. :)

AMY_BELL - said...

Hey Shauna,

I always love reading your page. You really do an awesome job keeping your readers posted. I wanted to wish you good luck with your 90 day challenge. I'm sure you will do a wonderful job. Congrats on the 12 pounds too! That's a great way to stay motivated when you see results. Good luck and I look forward to your updates.

Amy

Ps - I would like to personalize my blog more too so if you find out how to do it please share it on your site :)