Friday, January 18, 2008

Race For The Cure

Tomorrow We Race!!!
We are excited for tomorrow's Race For The Cure! According the weather reports, we will have a picture perfect morning at the waterfront on Flagler Drive. I love participating in this event. The crowd is full of energy and electricity. Everyone is united in finding a cure for Breast Cancer and in honoring those who are fighting or have lost the battle. When I raced last year, no one close to me had ever had Breast Cancer. In one year's time THREE people I know and love have battled Breast Cancer. I race tomorrow in their honor as well as the thousands of women fighting this fight! I truly believe in my life time this battle will be won!

Last year, at Race For The Cure time was when I first started blogging. Wow...where does time go? Note that I said 2007 was the year to "take it off". A few days later is when my hip/back injury occured and I allowed it to sideline me. This year..... I am on the way down. As important as my weight numbers are.. the more important number right now is my cholesterol number. It is so stinking high.... I could cut it in half and still have a high number. Thank you to the Hogie gene pool!

As far as what I wrote last year... I am on track for one thing.... I will RUN vs WALK the race tomorrow.
Here is a Blast From The Past...
Race For The Cure January 2000

Betty Ann, Shauna, Shirley, Mary, and Patty--

The Wellington Ward Race For The Cure Team January 2000

2 comments:

Erika said...

Good luck! Have fun.

My mom has the same genetic cholesterol problem. Her number was horrific about 1.5 years ago. Since then she has tried several different cholesterol meds, plus diet and exercise. Her numbers are slowly coming down.

Erika said...

That's our Mary...racing for the cure with fully hairsprayed bangs and full makeup.