Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Jeffrey

Jeffrey is 25 Today!!!
Happy Birthday Son!!!!
March 20, 1984- Jeffrey's One Year Old Birthday. I gave him his own piece of yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I am not sure if there was more cake inside his tummy or outside on his body.
This was after I gave him a Birthday Bath to remove the cake and icing from all over his body This was also a bad hair season... perm... me? never again!!!! It seemed like a great idea at the time. This is also many mucho pounds ago!!!!
Below is Andrew's FIRST HOMECOMING
July 1986, Andrew is 3 days old and Jeffrey is 3.
Twenty Two years ago, I would have never guessed that Jeffrey would be engaged and Andrew would be returning from Missionary Service to Peru. Jeffrey loved holding Andrew when he was a new born. He would sit calmly for hours and just talk to Andrew, push on his nose, and snuggle with him.

March 20, 1983....Jeffrey's Birth Date
The day Jeffrey was born was memorable for many reasons.
Curt was 20 months od and I was a 22 year old Relief Society President in the Lake Worth Ward.
I had early Sunday Morning meetings, including Ward Council. I rode with my neighbors to the West Palm Beach Chapel so Ron could drive with Curt later and we would only have one car at Church (those were the days)..
Upon arrival, I just wasn't feeling comfortable physically. Jeffrey was not due for 3 more weeks, so I tried to ignore what was the beginning stages of labor.
Soon, it was clear that I could not sit in the Ward Council Meeting. I excused myself from the meeting, went to the hall phone and called Ron to come get me. While I was waiting for Ron, I paced around the early morning empty chapel and started crying. I knew this baby was on the way sooner than I could have ever expected.I was excited to meet the baby, but somehow, not excited to experience LABOR!
(Thankfully, his room was more prepared than I was. We had just moved in to our first house in Greenacres and I had transitioned Curt in to a "Big Boy" bed and set up the crib for the new baby in the bedroom next to Curt.)
When I got home,I called my Doctor and she wanted me to come to the hospital.
Sure enough, I was in Labor--Jeffrey was on the way.....We did not know whether a boy or girl was about to arrive(we never knew with the boys...that was in the dark ages) and we were not firm on what to name either.
The Labor was ALL DAY LONG.... working out perfectly for Ron to watch all the College Basketball his heart desired. It was NCAA playoff time. We always say that Jeffrey waited all day long to arrive so Ron could watch all of the games. This sort of validates the theory that what you see/hear at birth stays with you.... Mmmmmm.... Jeffrey.... College Basketball.... College Football... College Sports...
Jeffrey arrived 3 weeks early, yet for his health and future, not a moment too soon. The umbilical cord was wrapped tightly around his leg several times. The photos after he was 1 day old still show an indentation where it was wrapped so tightly. The Doctor told us that had Jeffrey been born 3 weeks later, he may not have had a leg or it would have been severely deformed.
What a miracle it is to see Jeffrey enjoy such an active life. He is always playing sports and stays physically active. He is literally a walking miracle.
Happy Birthday, Jeffrey, I love you!!!!
Jeffrey, you are an amazing person. When you walk into a room, everyone is happy.
You light up a room with your smile and positive attitude.

4 comments:

Cathi said...

Happy Birthday Jeffery!
Wow Shauna, you really like to pack alot into a day. You'll sleep good tonight. Did you get any sleep last night??

love.boxes said...

Happy Birthday Jeffery!

I can't believ that you were a 22 year old RS Pres. YIpes!!! I would have died. I still would die.

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday Jotchy, Jabba, etc. I won't embarrass you too much.

Love, Aunt Jenni

Cathi said...

Has anyone ever mentioned Katherine looks identical to Andrew in the birthday photo!?!
It's a good thing you gave birth to all those Ron look alike children. Now you have a little Shauna clone named Megan.