Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mission Accomplished

He's Home!!!
Andrew arrived at the Miami Airport this afternoon. After waiting, waiting, and waiting at customs, we finally got to hug him and bring him home!
My heart is full of gratitude and joy as I welcome home this wonderful young man,
my son, Andrew!
Megan was the first to hug him, I must say I love this photo of them.
I could not wait to get my hands on him and HUG, HUG, HUG him.
Welcome Home, Son!
Andrew and Ron! Life for Ron will be kicked up a few notches!!!
Everyone got their turn to hug Andrew. The great thing about being in the International Arrival Area is that everyone understands exciting Welcomes and Reunions.
For the record... YES, I was a puddle of tears most of the afternoon. This photo is proof. I cry when I am happy, sad, nervous, anxious, and any other emotional time.
Katherine and Megan were diligent about holding the Welcome Signs. We waited almost 2 hours for Andrew to appear behind the glass wall. It was so exciting to see him and have him see
"Hoss Is Boss"
before he even saw us!
Home Sweet Home!!!
A walk through the Welcome Signs!
Next week, I will write more on this wonderful experience. It has been a long day and we leave for Orlando in the morning for Easter Weekend. Tomorrow, we are going to a Temple Session with Andrew at the LDS Orlando Temple.
Happy Easter Everyone!

5 comments:

Cathi said...

He's a giant!!
Where in the heck did he get those giant genes?? Your dad? I too love the photo with Andrew and Megan. You look fantastic! I love your pink sweater and you're sooo skinny!! I don't know who looks happier, Andrew or Ron. Do you think Andrew remembers what it's like with two little sisters under foot? Did he grow more on his mission? All your Welcome Home Andrew work was worth it. He looks like he truly appreciated it. Tell your mom and dad "hey" and have a wonderful Easter weekend. What are Andrew's plans for the future?
Did you really wait two hours? How long after you talked with NY? I didn't phone you back because I figured I'd interrupt the reunion but two hours?

Erika said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So exciting. He looks great. In my mind he is permanently 12 years old, so I have a hard time seeing him towering over both of his parents. Crazy.

Linnea said...

Yeah for you! I am happy you have him home again. Have fun here in O town. Too bad my kids dont have school today, I would meet you for a temple session. Bryan works there Saturday mornings, so I try and go then. Anyway, have a great Easter! What a wonderful way to spend the holiday!

Jenni said...

It was so great to hear his voice today! Looks like he is sporting the look from his dad's mission days! Time for new ties??!!

superherotrainer said...

Congratulations! Those pictures of Andrew towering over you all gives me hope that there is a chance that my children can beat the odds and be tall.