Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Open House

Welcome Home, Andrew
Sunday, April 30, 2008
This was a busy, busy weekend. Three nights in a row with big events. I considered moving the day for this Missionary Open House, but just decided to proceed. Between a wedding on Friday, the Young Women Dinner on Saturday, and this Open House on Sunday, I was running on empty by the time this was over (in reality, most likely before it began) The energy and help of so many dear friends kept me going.
If you were unable to attend, this assortment of photos is the next best thing to being there....
It is absolutely wonderful to have Andrew home and to have the love and support of so many friends and family....
I love these two photos (above and below) Not too many years ago, Andrew was one of the boys on the stools listening and watching the example of a Returned Missionary he looked up to.

Due to the number of photos in this post, I won't label each and every one in detail....
Matt, Ron, Dave G
Andrew speaking with Colin
Gigi, Morgan, and Alexis...Two Beehives and one entering soon!!!!!
What can I say... I have an awesome Bishop because he has an awesome wife!!!! They are great people and friends!!!!
As Andrew says....Papito...... or Papa Smurf.....
McKelle and Jewelie..Andrew was in a time warp and thought that McKelle was Marlie (who is now in Kindergarten)
Nohemi y Sandra!!! What is not to love about these two hermanas!!!!
I am so proud of Nohemi.. she actually enjoyed the party and DID NOT do my dishes!!!!!
I may not have understood every word, but it was not necessary.... Andrew was most comfortable conversing with all of our Spanish Speaking friends. They were laughing and talking for hours. I am sure they will return for another celebration!!!!
Georgina y Jose A
Virgil, Ruth, and Maureen
I could not host a gathering without the help and support of dear friends. They just offer, roll up their sleeves and get to work. My neighbor, Michelle, not pictured, was an amazing workhorse, also!
Nohemi, Katie, Tina (still can't see how purple her cool new glasses are)
Mary Beth and Matt (Katherine was on the loose with the camera at some point here)
Kyle, Andrew, and Star (she really is a star!!!! Soccer MVP for Wellington High 2007-08)
Jenn, Andrew, Kylie, and Jenni's(not pictured) baby, Brian
Hunter G.... one cute dude!!!!
Welcome home, Andrew.... just like that!!
It seems like yesterday I had 3 little boys and no daughters. Now those 3 little boys have all served full time missions, one is married, one is getting married, and I have 2 little daughters.
Tomorrow, it seems, I will be attending the wedding for the last little girl. But I just can't think about it... I will cry.... mostly happy tears, but some sad ones when I think about missing my children as little ones running in and out of the house! I am so darn proud of each of my children and the choices they are making!!!!

3 comments:

Cathi said...

It is very hard doing the empty nest thing. That is why having a loving and supporting husband as your best friend is the most important thing. You see, our children grow up and leave and then we are alone with our sweetheart. It truly is a "good thing"!

Cathi said...

One more thing...it's so good to see so many familiar faces! It's like still being in the ward.

Cathi said...

Welcome home Andrew! How long did it take to make it through customs? Hi to all!
NY