Monday, August 18, 2008

Back To Classes

Summer Vacation Is Really Over!
Today is the beginning of Megan and Katherine being
in separate schools for the next 6 years. Wow!
Today was Katherine's first year without School Uniforms.
Today, The Parent Paparazzi was out in FULL FORCE-
Yours Truly, Included.
(read the end)
Megan was more excited than this photo captured. She was
confident and is ready to soak up every new piece of information
that comes her way.
At 5:45 this morning, these were Katherine's words...
"I have been awake since MIDNIGHT! I am SO EXCITED!"
She has had fun coordinating outfits, re-coordinating
outfits, re-arranging outfits, and laying out an entire
week's wardrobe. I can only hope this sort of organization
and enthusiasm will be carried to her studies and school
life in general. Even a dab will give me a glimmer of hope.
To say Katherine was excited about this day is a serious
understatement.
I told Katherine and Jaime that I was going to take lots of
photos and embarrass the heck out of them..... they were
relieved when I took just ONE. Trust me girls, when you
are older...you will wish I had taken a hundred....better yet,
you will wish I had made a movie of your First Day of
School 2008 Adventure....really, you will!
To make the First Day Back To School even more exciting,
  • We had my parents spend the night last night (this is a guarantee that Andrew will clean his room for Grandpa to move in-thanks, Dad). They were on their way back from a weekend Stake Conference Speaking Assignment. My Mom, Andrew, and I got a serious game of Phase 10 in last night while Ron and my Dad attended a Stake Priesthood Meeting where my dad, after speaking all weekend, was a speaker again. I am not kidding, I get worn out just thinking about the schedule my parents keep. In the same breath, I am so thankful they can keep this sort of a schedule. They are a true example of health and strength.
  • We have Tropical Storm (soon to be Hurricane) Fay Rain Feeder Bands already dumping on us. At 9am this morning, it turned DARK. DARK and RAINY. If I were a gambling woman (not rambling) I would place ALL my money on NO SCHOOL tomorrow. All the counties around us have already cancelled. The wheels of the powers to be turn a little slower in our lovely LARGE County. We are going to experience the Back Side of the storm. As Hurricane Wilma taught us, we take the Back Side of a Hurricane or Tropical Storm very seriously. The Back Side is the Evil Side. Lots of Rain, Wind and Tornadoes. We will be fine, it will be a Category 1. Just watch the radar screens and think of us being drenched all day tomorrow. I'll take the rain over what the other coast of Florida is facing!

Now, a return to Back To School and the Parent Paparazzi....

I just have to ask this.... what was/is the worst case of PARENT PAPARAZZI you have seen on the first day of Back To School? I think I saw it today.....BOTH parents with Video Cameras and Still Cameras all going at one time with a, what seemed, Grandparent FILMING and INTERVIEWING this entire scene. They blocked every path they took, staged a photo at EVERY possible point on the school grounds...It was special...that is all I can say...special. Only in Welly-World (Unfortunately, I know it is NOT only in Welly-World). All this going on with hundreds of other children and parents trying to get around them. Oh My...You Mean I am NOT the ONLY ONE with a child going Back To School TODAY? You mean, others need to WALK HERE? What do You Mean, I cannot go to my child's classroom ALL DAY and film every move???? You Mean I cannot leave?

Tell me, Tell me... What is/was the worst Case of Parent Paparazzi you have witnessed? Do your children complain that you take TOO MANY photos in TOO MANY places? Mine do. I just keep on pointing and shooting! They will thank me later...really they will.

Happy Back To School, Everyone! Take LOTS of PHOTOS! I am giving you permission to be the Parent Paparazzi....just dont block the walk ways, and PLEASE...ONE Camera and ONE person is enough. Trust me.

2 comments:

John and Katie said...

I love the term Parent Paparazzi!

I've NEVER seen or heard of anything like you described!

Cathi said...

The San Diego emple predident spoke at our stake last night. Was this a church wide event I wonder?
I'll be watching Fay with you, we could use a good rain storm here but I don't envy you awaiting a possible hurricane. We weathered Wilma quite well however I feel the eureka palms protected us. We did have to replace roof tiles though.
Katherine looks soooooo grown up!!!
I remember the first day of school for Britt in kindergarten. I followed the bus to every stop all the way to school along with a parade of other cars!!