Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Storm Update

Good Bye, Fay!
Our Electricity just came back on...HOORAY...
We had the second day of school OFF today...
Tropical Storm Fay's fury reminded me I am grateful she was
only a Tropical Storm... not a Hurricane.
During the night and early morning, it felt and sounded like the
Hurricanes we have experienced over the past few years.
We were on the "Back" Side of the storm...the evil, dirty, strong
side. The side that Tornadoes spin from.
Here in Wellington, We got the Tornadoes. I heard the freight
train noises around 1:30AM. The Tornadoes hit over by
Tiger Shark Cove, Yarmouth Drive, Palm Beach Polo, Players
Club, and several Polo Horse Barns. Enough damage that
the National News Agencies featured us. It was just so out
of the blue.
Fay is still churning. She hit on the Southwest coast and then
came across the state at more of a West-North path. We felt
more wind and rain that I anticipated. I was sure we would not
lose our power, but we did...for most of the day today.
For those in still in her path.. stay safe...take her seriously!

2 comments:

Cathi said...

I wonder if it hit our house. We were right there by Shark Park!!

Emilyah said...

Glad you all are safe!
The family I nannied for got hit again- in 2004 they had just bought the polo stables and weren't insured yet when they got destroyed- I just saw photos on Fox News and they got destroyed again! Hopefully there are no more storms this season, or at least we can pray, right?!