Thursday, September 18, 2008

Your Front Row

Today, I share words from a dear friend. She shared this on a day I needed this perspective. As time goes on, the more I understand the importance of these words. Take a moment to digest this. The author is unknown.

Everyone Can't Be In Your Front Row
Life is a theater-invite your audience carefully.
Not everyone is spiritually healthy and mature enough
to have a front row seat in your life.
There are some people in your life that need to be
loved from a distance.
It is amazing what you can accomplish when you LET GO,
or at least minimize your time with draining, negative,
incompatible, not-going-anywhere relationships, friendships,
or fellowships.
Observe the relationships around you. Pay attention to:
Which ones lift and which ones lean?
Which ones encourage and which ones discourage?
Which ones are on a path of growth uphill and which
ones are going downhill?
When certain people leave, do you feel better or feel worse?
Which ones always have drama or don't really understand,
know and appreciate you and the gift that lies within you?
When you seek growth, peace of mind, love and truth,
it will become easier for you to decide who gets to
sit in the FRONT ROW and who should be
moved to the balcony of your life.
You cannot change the people around you...
but you can change the people you are around!
Ask God for wisdom and discernment and choose
wisely the people who sit in the front row of your life.
Now I ask...Have you ever had to move someone
or something to the balcony of your life?
Have you had to move on from negative or draining
peers, friendships,
or family relationships?
I have...it is a certain step towards forward positive
motion! aka healing!
Change what you need to and move on!
Be it people or things...
Fill your Front Row carefully!
This is a tough one for me...I love EVERYONE.
I want EVERYONE on my front row
I want EVERYONE on my front row to be happy!
When I finally accept that not EVERYONE wants or
deserves to be on my Font Row, life is easier and I
move ahead.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

...I just call them my B or C list friends! Never thought of it this way. A-list friends definitely get the front row.

Cathi said...

Hmmm. I really like this analogy and just might have to swipe it with credit to you of course. My balcony seat holders would be my mom and NY's mom. The past several months have been brutal because of their health issues and the daily interaction with them. While my mom was staying with us this month I was soooooo depressed. A very very heavy feeling of pending doom I could not kick. The moment we took her back to my sister's the feeling was gone. I phone her every few days and I am fine but...she comes back on the 30th to stay again for several weeks. (sigh) I love her but she is soooo negative, critical and plain mean to me, I feel like a little kid who cannot please her.
Gee, I sound a bit negative. Did I just get booted up to your balcony?!?!?