Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Snow Plow Needed!

Even in South Florida....
AT MY HOUSE! NOW!
Everyone is back in school..,the routines, the schedules, the homework (ugh..we even had a huge project over the Christmas Break..Homework over any break should just be plain illegal)
Balance is returning to my corner of the world.
Now, I face the aftermath...the clean up, the piles, the projects.
Oh My! Only a Snow Plow will help move this along...or perhaps, realistically, here in Florida.... a BULLDOZER. Maybe I should order a CRANE and a FORKLIFT while I am at it.
I thought about taking "before" and "after" photos to share with the Blog World...if I posted them, you would think I staged them for Oprah or some other reality show...there are that many and they are that bad...(Yep, me the uber organized person..I have fallen off the edge)
Although, now that I think about it, posting them could or would be a motivator for me..I'll ponder the possibility!
On the up side of this mess...I have used one little trick...THE FIVE THINGS RULE... with this, I say to myself, just choose FIVE THINGS to pick up and/or put away. It is amazing what this seemingly small step does. And....it never stops at FIVE THINGS...it snowballs and all of the sudden, an entire pile disappears..voila! Of course, there are 5 Million Piles remaining, so sometimes, it is only obvious to ME!
Every corner of my house needs attention. It is overwhelming to know where to start. For now, I will take a deep breath, attack a few piles at a time (FIVE THINGS), and HOPE that Snow Plow finds its way to me soon.
Have you ever had so many messes that you just don't know where to start?
Do you think plowing it all away will help?
Have you Tried The Five Things Rule or something similar?

No comments: