Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunbeam Welcome Traditions

Welcome To The New Primary Sunbeam Class...
Each New Year, The Sunbeams are welcomed in two ways...
1) With Song, and
2) With their personalized Sunbeam Shirt. Read On...
A New Year brings NEW Primary Classes. Everyone gets a new teacher and if you are a Sunbeam with Tina Sweet, you get a SUNBEAM SHIRT! Both of my girls received Sunbeam Shirts at the start of their Sunbeam Primary Year. Six and Eight years later...they still try to squeeze into those all-so-favorite shirts.
On the first Sunday of the new year, Tina would go to the Nursery and place a Sunbeam Shirt on each of her new class members. They would then make the trip down the hall to their new classroom. This first day of Sunbeams, was not the first time the children had seen Tina. Tina spend the last few Sundays in December visiting the Nursery Children for the last 5 minutes of class so that when she arrived as their Sunbeam Teacher, they knew her and were ready to go. Talk about a wise woman who truly understands the transition from Nursery to Sunbeams.
Tina has nurtured many, many Sunbeam Classes (as well as other ages) over the years. I am so blessed that my children have had her as a teacher (the first and second set of children)
Here is Tina welcoming The Sunbeam Class of 2001
They were headed to their new classroom.
It is Katherine, Nicole, Brooke, Kristi and Skylar off to a
wonderful Sunbeam Experience
Another Tradition....Standing up front during Singing Time to have the Primary Children welcome the new Sunbeams with "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam" Today, I happened to be subbing for our Chorister, so I got to lead the Sunbeam Welcome. They are soooooo sweet!
Here are Katherine and Brooke in the front of the Primary Room
If I remember correctly, Katherine wanted to wear her shirt 24/7.
It would come off for baths and the occasional trip to the washer and dryer.

From Sunbeam Room in 2001 to the Young Women room in 2009...
it all happens so quickly. Enjoy the journey....I am trying to do so without
too many tears!
Can you even remember your first day of Sunbeams?
OK, then howabout your child's first day?

3 comments:

superherotrainer said...

My youngest left Nursery and entered Sunbeams this past Sunday. I can not believe how fast it came and am astonished to no longer have a child in Nursery. Best part was Retep and I were her teachers for her first Sunday in Primary. It was an awesome experience!

Angela said...

okay I left a comment, but don't know if it took. Do you know where she bought the shirts? I've looked online, but shipping is a killer. Also did she freehand the sunshine? I love this and want to make the shirts for my 6 graduating nursery kids this year.

Angela said...

okay I left a comment, but don't know if it took. Do you know where she bought the shirts? I've looked online, but shipping is a killer. Also did she freehand the sunshine? I love this and want to make the shirts for my 6 graduating nursery kids this year.