Saturday, May 30, 2009

Life Is Good

Days In Photos and a Few Words...
Yesterday, I attended an Authors Tea in Megan's 3rd Grade Class. It was over-the-top-incredible-just like her teacher. Yesterday was the celebration of a very intense year. Thanks to a gifted, passionate teacher, these 3rd Graders learned to write like I have never seen taught. As well as writing, every unit was presented with no detail left undone. Yesterday, the children presented their portfolios from Writing, Art Appreciation, Social Studies, Science, etc. WOW....WOW....WOW. As the Mother of 5 children, it takes a lot to impress me after so many years of school and teachers. I was impressed beyond words at the work these children presented. The important factor...they LEARNED from all of this work.
Megan and I at the Authors Tea....
The cover of the book she is showing is a copy of her Monet Art Project.
All of her Art Projects were copies and compiled in this
Keepsake Book.
Later in the day, I volunteered at The Middle School end of the year Carnival...Let me say...it was a SWEET experience being covered from head to to in Cotton Candy. My hair felt like I had used several layers of super-duper-stiff Hairspray by the time I was done. I had Pink Fluffy Eyelashes and a major case of Sugar-Coated Skin. Note Megan in the background catching floating pieces of Cotton Candy with her mouth.
Here I am with Lisa, the PTO President of The Middle School
She does an awesome job keeping parents involved at this school.
Thursday, was Volunteer Appreciation Day. Our PTA hosted the luncheon for at Outback Steakhouse fpr 100+ Dedicated Volunteers.
At the Luncheon, the Out-going President introduced me as the new PTA President. That is when I felt like..."whoa, this is really happening" She is a great President to follow...no huge messes to clean up, which make it nice for my new PTA Board to forge our own path now.
Here are Kimberly and me at the luncheon.
Three more school days!
Tomorrow, I teach Young Women and Present Young Women Camp Information to the Girls and Parents.
How do you spell...Life In The Fast Lane....I spell it---THIS PAST WEEK PLUS A FEW MORE DAYS. It is all good...actually it is all GREAT.
Life is good...even when it is crazy.

No comments: