Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What Matters and Family Reunion Questions

As I focus on Gratitude, I am reminded of this thought:
"It's Not So Much
What's On The Table That Matters,
As What's On The Chairs."
~W.S. Gilbert~
I understand this quote at deeper level with every year I live.
I cannot put a price on the blessing of being surrounded by those I love and whom love me.
Whether by circumstances or choice, it is not possible for my entire family to be together.
In our Sunday School Class last week, we discussed the importance of Family Reunions, Keeping Immediate and Extended Family Ties strong, Creating Family Memories, and Family History. With our grown children living far away, it takes planning and effort to make sure we are together at least once per year. As the years roll on, Ron and I are aware that it will take more planning and effort to strengthen bonds and create memories. We are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure all of our children, their spouses, and eventually grandchildren, are together at least once per year.
Every minute will be worth the effort.
How do you Strengthen and Keep Family Ties Strong?
What has worked for you when planning Family Reunions?
How do you handle when a family member has
negative feelings toward other family members which make a
Family Reunion almost impossible?
Who usually plans your Family Reunions?
Ideas? Suggestions?
This need for Annual Family Reunions weighs heavy on my heart and mind...
Do Share...

No comments: