Thursday, November 5, 2009

Gratitude

For Music...
Even from The 70's....
Actually...Especially from The 70's.
I wouldn't want to re-live that decade of my life, yet I love the music (most of it---disco, not so much). This brings me to another one of my Gratitudes that may seem "shallow".
I am thankful for XM Satellite Radio! I can find 70's music and beyond at the touch of a button.

There is nothing like blasting great music (of all decades and types) with my car windows and sunroof open like I did this morning. The tone of my crazy busy day completely changed, for the better, as Carole King sang to me they way she has for many years. As always, she let me sing with her....at the TOP OF MY LUNGS! ( I didn't have a hairbrush for a "microphone", but she let me sing, anyway!)
Hooray for 70's music, sunroofs, satellite radio, and singing in my car when NO ONE can HEAR (I hope)!
What is Your Favorite Music?
Do You Like To Sing In The Car?
Do you Sing Loudly When You Are Alone?
Have you Ever Used A Hair Brush For A "Microphone"?

1 comment:

Cathi said...

I think everyone has used a hairbrush for a microphone although some may never admit it.
My favorite music is from the 50's and 60's. Now wait...before you try an age me...my sisters are 11 and 13 years my senior and the music they listened to as teens is deep within my soul. I know the words to songs I think I've never heard before and it's the only explanation I can come up with. Oh...I was born in 1955!!
My New York's fav music is from the 70's like you however; unlike you his fav is disco. He partied hard in the disco club of NYC. LOL!!