Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dear Girl Scouts

Your New Baker Needs The Original Cookie Recipes!
Rather than getting better, the taste and quality seems to go down each year. I was told you have a new Baker. Whether this is true, or not, the cookies are just not as good as they used to be.
I miss the sugar on top of the Shortbread Cookies (that dates me), Oh, and the Lemonade Cookies from last year...they were wonderful (that is coming from a not-crazy-about-lemon-flavoring person). The new Lemon Cookies...TWO Thumbs down.
Maybe I should not be complaining as this keeps me from wanting to buy and eat multiple flavors and boxes.
For now, I will stick with Thin Mints (they are still good, but I think they used to be better) Maybe this is just me, but I don't think so.
What about you?
What is your favorite Girl Scout Cookie Flavor?
Do you think the taste and/or quality has changed over the years?
Is it Girl Scout Cookie Time in your area?

2 comments:

John and Katie said...

Haven't tried those but I still love the chocolate mint and the cocoanut ones!

Casey Gentle said...

The old Aloha cookies were my favorite. I also loved the lemon sandwich cookies from the late 90s. Oh those were good. However, Mark has really turned me on to Samoas. Wow, they are tasty. Is it GS time already? I guess so...February is just around the corner.