Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Help


Loved This Book!
The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Generally, I don't rush out in search of the latest, greatest, "popular" books. However, this one just called my name and I am glad I listened.
The story is very well written.
It is definitely a "chick" book, but men may enjoy it as well.
Very thought provoking.
In many ways, our culture has moved so far beyond the days of racial segregation, discrimination, etc., and in many ways, we still have work to do when it comes to treating others with kindness and respect regardless of who they are or where they come from.
Maybe my view is different because of where I live and many of my friends are literally, "The Help" in Palm Beach County. (Oh....the books THEY could write!)

This would be GREAT for a Book Club discussion!
I WISH I were in a Book Club...

No comments: