Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ifs Ands & Nuts

Mystery Solved!
Every time I am in Salt Lake City, I eat at The Nauvoo Cafe in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. One of my favorite treats is an  "Ifs Ands & Nuts" Cookie for dessert.
For about 4 years now, I have been trying to find (guess, duplicate, etc) the recipe. I have even called Temple Square Hospitality and The Lion House asking for the recipe...No answer...not because it was a secret, but because no one seemed to know who had it. Yes, I was a little obsessive about finding this recipe. It is the perfect Chocolate Chip-ish/Peanut-Buttery/Nutty/Chunky Cookie. One of those "only in Utah" treats (oh, there are too many of those!!!!)
A few weeks ago, while in Downtown SLC at Deseret Book, I opened the new Lion House Bakery Cookbook and there is was...The elusive recipe in PRINT! SOLD... to the woman from Florida! Honestly, I had given up looking for the recipe and was not even thinking about it. What a wonderful surprise to find this recipe. You can order a copy of this Cookbook for your very own by clicking HERE. Then....you will have your own copy of the Ifs Ands & Nuts Cookie Recipe!

No comments: